ENGLISH MINISTRY PASTOR - CHINESE ALLIANCE CHRISTIAN CHURCH (CACC)
We are a medium-sized church that mainly serves 1st and 2nd generation Chinese and Kiwi-Asians in the east Auckland area. We operate both a Cantonese-speaking and English-speaking ministry service. Our church is part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance / Alliance Churches of NZ.
Our English ministry congregation consists of around 60 attendees who are mainly within the 13-to-35 age group. Our English ministry will be celebrating its 15th anniversary this year and we have recently refreshed our CACC vision statement to be a Christ-centred, missional, cross-cultural, intergenerational church-family.
We are looking to appoint a pastor to lead our English-speaking ministry in realising this vision.
Key things to know
- You will be responsible for leading and growing the English-speaking ministry alongside a bilingual Pastoral team that services the Cantonese-speaking ministry.
- Although the other members of the Pastoral team are not directly responsible for the English ministry, there’s an expectation that you will work collaboratively with them in ensuring there is consistency in how CACC as a whole realise its vision.
- You will need to accept the Statement of Faith of Alliance Churches of New Zealand (https://www.alliancechurches.org.nz/about/) and the Doctrinal Statement of CACC (http://cacc.org.nz/aboutus).
- An understanding and ability to work within a multi-cultural context that consists of both Chinese and Kiwi-asians is a must.
- While fluency in English is required, the ability to communicate in Cantonese or Mandarin is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Our church operates a congregation lay-led model of church governance
- You must be theologically trained from a Bible College or Seminary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership - To give directions to the overall educational and activities ministry of the English congregation.
- Worship & Preaching - To organize and lead the proclamation of the Word of God in the weekly Christ-centred worship.
- Evangelism & Discipleship - To promote evangelism and discipleship by planning, promoting, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the English-speaking ministries in CACC.
- Leadership Development - To train and empower lay leaders in the English ministry through leadership training and regular retreats.
- Pastoral Care - To provide appropriate pastoral care to members of the church community through counselling and visitation.
Pastoral staff remuneration will be in line with CACC policies, which consists of a taxable salary package, non-taxable miscellaneous allowances and compulsory KiwiSaver contributions.
For more information, please contact Ps Derek Lee by phone on 022-3929469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Church website: http://www.cacc.org.nz